President Donald Trump told Americans today that he will begin his mass deportation starting this coming Sunday midnight. Immigration Lawyers have cautioned their clients to follow a few rules when ICE officers knock their doors to effect the order from the President.
Pelosi: An ICE deportation warrant is not the same as a search warrant. If that is the only document ICE brings to a home raid, agents do not have the legal right to enter a home. If ICE agents don’t have a warrant signed by judge, a person may refuse to open the door pic.twitter.com/ULLcl7idXy
— POLITICO (@politico) July 11, 2019
In Minneapolis, Minnesota ,a Law firm co-owned by a renown Lawyer Henry Ongeri and Mr. Antolak have cautioned the Immigrants nationwide to follow a few steps.
Here are nine steps for what to do in case of a raid.
– Get in touch with a community or advocacy group right now.
– Create an emergency plan for taking care of children, the elderly or other people who depend on your care
– Memorize the phone number of two trusted people.
– If ICE comes to your home, do not open the door.
– Remain silent.
– Do not sign any papers without your attorney
– Document the raid.
– Know that you can fight your case.